Wordsearch maker (busyteacher.org)
*Updated 31st October 2017*
Unfortunately the teachers-direct.co.uk website appears to have been taken over by another company and the wordsearch maker there is no longer available.
An alternative wordsearch maker can be found at busyteacher.org. While it does not offer as many customisation options, it is still better than the average puzzle maker.
- Choose the direction the words will appear:
- from left to right and top to bottom, reflecting the natural direction which the eye scans a page;
- for extra challenge, the words can appear in all directions.
Unfortunately, it does not allow you to choose the letters that fill the blank spaces in the wordsearch. This feature would be particularly useful for customising the difficulty of the wordsearch. For example:
- have the blank spaces filled with random letters of the alphabet (easy);
- have the blank spaces filled with letters reflecting the frequency with which they appear in the English language (medium);
- have the blank spaces filled with letters reflecting the words that are in the wordsearch (difficult).